This was at times an experiment in terror but I love the end result! I received some angora fur from a friend some time ago and didn’t get to working with it because it needed quite a bit of work. It took a lot of combing and in the end I still had lumps but decided to give it a spin anyway. I blended it with super soft cormo wool, spun and plied it. I didn’t end up with a lot of yardage but knitted up what I had – my scarf was a little short. I had about 40 yards of silk from a spinning guild meeting where we had a technique session on spinning silk. I didn’t want to take the chance of the silk being limp so I spun up some more cormo and plied it with the silk. Then there came choosing the knitting pattern. I’m not a fantastic knitter but I find that difficulty is based more on concentration than the pattern. I sure picked the wrong pattern! After many start overs I chose a different pattern and this is the finished scarf. A final go around with a crochet stitch with the silk gave it a nice finish.
2016 Niche Award Winner for Fashion Accessories
2 years ago