Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wedding Dress Transformed

My good friend Miriam’s wedding shower is tomorrow and I just finished her gift. She had her mother’s winter wedding dress transformed into a spring dress for her upcoming June wedding and she gave me the extra parts. From the pieces I made a ring bearer pillow, a clutch and a tissue cover. This is the second time I’ve had the opportunity to reconstruct from a wedding dress and I have to say, there’s honor in being able to work with fabric that holds such special memories. I’ve always held in higher regard items that have been used and valued in someone else’s life. They can be anything from fabric to furniture to kitchen equipment or to a special pet’s fur. They send me daydreaming, maybe into history or into a life that’s just different from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment