Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rabbits and Walnuts


What do rabbits and walnuts have in common? 

Nothing, really, except that they are being gifted today as a 50th birthday present. The 50 walnuts - opened, emptied, filled with notes, and glued back together for the recipient.

The bunny? This is a hand quilted pillow of my first foster rabbit, Dixie, upcycled from leather and suede resale shop finds.  It’s been 6 years since I first took Dixie in, at the time with the thought that there would be many bunnies taking up residence in my home for only a few short months at a time.  She was with me for 1-1/2 years and partnered with two other bunnies that traveled through my foster home.  Now, four years and many bunnies later, I’m helping Dixie’s dad celebrate his 50th birthday!  Dixie is a very content, kissing, cuddly and smart bunny.  Her dad has taught her to do “tricks” like walking on her hind legs and doing left and right spins. Dixie went to a wonderful home and I’m so very lucky to again be the recipient of her kisses and cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment