Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another Face Vase

When a friend saw my face vases he mentioned that it reminded him of the pottery face jugs currently made out in North Carolina.  Dating back to the 1700's they were originally used as grave markers to scare the evil spirits and then later they began to be used to store moonshine.  The ugly faces were supposed to scare children away so they wouldn't get into the moonshine.  In browsing I saw that some of them had reptiles on them.  I did some doodling and decided I'd either try a Chameleon or a snake.  Then I ran across this newspaper article and chameleon was.

Here's a photo of the face with his eyes trying to see what's crawling on his head and one from the back showing the chameleon.

For more information about this item please go to my Etsy site here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/50380360/chameleon-face-vase-in-wool-felt

No comments:

Post a Comment