Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Face Sculpture in Wool

For a few months now I've been giving thought to sculpture. I shopped with a friend to get her back into wood carving and my interest was peaked even more. Then one day driving home from an art fair I had a thought. Now this usually ends up badly, I miss turns, I get lost, all I really see is the vision of my new creation in front of me. This time it was a woolen vessel "sculpted" with a facial expression. Since I had made a few sculpted vases already, how different could this be? Why not add an eyebrow and a nose? What a delight this came to be! With felting you never can be too sure of the outcome so this could turn into quite an adventure.

See more detail here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48642694/face-pottery  This item sold on June 28, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment